Decatur School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 public schools in Decatur School District, serving 600 students.
- Public school in Decatur School District have an average math proficiency score of 27% (versus the Arkansas public school average of 47%), and reading proficiency score of 36% (versus the 53% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 47% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Arkansas public school average of 39% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the Arkansas public school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Decatur School District|
|School District Website||http://www.decatur.k12.ar.us|
|School District Phone Number||(479)752-3986|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||1,087 Schools|
|# of Students||600 Students||496,087 Students|
|# of Teachers||58 Teachers||35,805 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||14:1|
- Decatur School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 261 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 70-79% has decreased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||14 Students||3,146 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||34 Students||8,074 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||218 Students||64,857 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||11 Students||101,315 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||321 Students||301,858 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||4,014 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 Student||12,823 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||40||16,843|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||43||36,958|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||40||36,832|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||43||36,929|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||53||37,808|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||50||38,814|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||51||38,851|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||39||36,316|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||40||36,431|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||39||36,623|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||45||37,736|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||41||37,222|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||43||35,386|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||33||33,052|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||286|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,924 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,489. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,754 is less than the state average of $10,954. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,924||$10,489|
|Spending / Student||$9,754||$10,954|
Decatur School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Decatur High School 1498 Stadium Ave
Decatur, AR 72722
Grades: 9-12 | 162 students
- Decatur Middle School 1498 Stadium Ave
Decatur, AR 72722
Grades: 5-8 | 209 students
- Decatur Northside Elementary School 9083 Mt Olive Rd
Decatur, AR 72722
Grades: K-4 | 229 students
We take a look at the various ways high school students can get a leg up on higher education while they are still in high school.
We take a look at a recent call by U.S. health officials to change public policies involving sports-related head trauma injuries, and how some states are already answering the call.
Keep your kids out of the summer rut! Learn how summer break impacts students’ academic performance in the fall and what can be done to prevent the academic summer slide.