Avondale Elementary School
Avondale Elementary School serves 270 students in grades Kindergarten-4.
Avondale Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Ohio for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 90-94% (which is higher than the Ohio state average of 63%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 85-89% (which is higher than the Ohio state average of 64%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the Ohio state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 25% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Ohio state average of 30% (majority Black).
Avondale Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Avondale Elementary School's student population of 270 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Avondale Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 3,233 schools in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Avondale Elementary School is 0.42, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.48. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (OH)
Overall Testing Rank
#97 out of 3233 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, OH Dept. of Education
Review Avondale Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
40% of Teachers Call in Sick in Wisconsin
What happens when nearly half of a state's teachers call in "sick" for school? Learn about the turmoil between legislators and the teachers union in Wisconsin and how the rallies, protests, and fighting will set precedence for other budget-strapped states.
10 Best SAT Prep Methods
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Common Mental Health Problems in School Children and How to Address Them
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.