Barrow High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 286 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 98%
- Graduation Rate: 70-79% (Top 50% in AK)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: ≤10% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 11-19% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AK Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
≤10% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% AK state average), while 11-19% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 44% AK state average).
What is the graduation rate of Barrow High School?
The graduation rate of Barrow High School is 70-79%, which is lower than the Alaska state average of 77%.
How many students attend Barrow High School?
286 students attend Barrow High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
62% of Barrow High School students are American Indian, 17% of students are Asian, 12% of students are Two or more races, 6% of students are Hawaiian, 2% of students are White, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Barrow High School?
Barrow High School has a student ration of 14:1, which is higher than the Alaska state average of 13:1.
What grades does Barrow High School offer ?
Barrow High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Barrow High School part of?
Barrow High School is part of North Slope Borough School District.
Review Barrow High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities