Bayard Elementary School
Bayard Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Bayard Elementary School's student population of 243 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||243 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bayard Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NM)|
|Overall School Rank||#583 out of 819 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cobre Consolidated s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bayard Snell Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 178 students
501 Tom Foy Blvd
Bayard, NM 88023
(505)537-4011 0.3 7-8 178
- Bayard Cobre High School Grades: 9-12 | 356 students
1300 Tom Foy Blvd
Bayard, NM 88023
(505)537-4020 0.5 9-12 356
- Santa Clara Central Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 278 students
211 Cedar St
Santa Clara, NM 88026
(505)537-4011 1.8 PK-6 278
- Hurley Hurley Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 175 students
300 Carasco Ave
Hurley, NM 88043
(505)537-4011 4.1 PK-6 175
- Hanover San Lorenzo Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 67 students
5 Galaz St
Hanover, NM 88041
(505)537-4011 7.0 PK-6 67
We’ll look at the recent trend to extend the school year that is sweeping school districts across the country. Does more time in the classroom mean better educated students?
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.