Bend International School
- School Type: Charter School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 215 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 27%
- Math Proficiency: 50-54%
- Reading Proficiency: 65-69%
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), OR Dept. of Education
- Bend International School was founded in 2015 to bring a global model of education to the students of Central Oregon. Since our founding we have built an institution dedicated to internationalism across our curriculum. Meera Rupp our founder and director gained approval from Bend Lapine school district in 2015 to start Bend Lapine school`s district only K-8 Public Charter School dedicated to international education. Since then our campus has expanded year by year and starting the school 2020-2021 will be completed with the addition of our brand new gym and event center.
- A global model for education: A diverse community of motivated learners applying skills and core academic content, based on high academic standards for all, through multi-disciplinary projects that benefit our local and global community. Students develop strong second language skills and global competence, a mastery of subject knowledge and skills, and an unwavering strength of character which allows them to become successful citizens and pursue their dreams.
- To empower students with an exemplary 21st century education by challenging them to excel academically and socially through integrated teaching with a global focus.Objectives:To increase academic achievement and love of learning for all students.To help erase the achievement gap between students who are economically disadvantaged, students learning English as a 2nd language, and students of color, proving all students are capable of excelling academically. This will be demonstrated through student progress on academic goals, school-wide assessment methodologies, and increase in test scores.To provide a standards-based integrated international model of education to all students: subjects and skills are linked together through a common theme that has local and global significance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
50-54% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% OR state average), while 65-69% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 54% OR state average).
How many students attend Bend International School?
215 students attend Bend International School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
73% of Bend International School students are White, 15% of students are Hispanic, 9% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are American Indian, 1% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Bend International School?
Bend International School has a student ration of 18:1, which is higher than the Oregon state average of 17:1.
What grades does Bend International School offer ?
Bend International School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-8
What school district is Bend International School part of?
Bend International School is part of Bend-Lapine Administrative School District 1.
Review Bend International School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities