Bendle/carman-ainsworth Alternative Education
- Bendle/carman-ainsworth Alternative Education's student population of 165 students has declined by 62% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has declined by 44% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bendle/carman-ainsworth Alternative Education's student:teacher ratio of 33:1 has decreased from 48:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#2812 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Carman-Ainsworth Community s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Flint Freeman School Grades: K-6 | 296 students
4001 Ogema Ave
Flint, MI 48507
(810)760-1797 0.5 K-6 296
- Burton Atherton Vern Van Y Educational Center Grades: K-12 | 81 students
2400 Clarice Ave
Burton, MI 48519
(810)591-0850 1.1 K-12 81
- Flint International Academy Of Flint (k-12) Grades: K-12 | 952 students
2820 South Saginaw St
Flint, MI 48503
(810)600-5223 1.1 K-12 952
- Burton Bendle Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 274 students
2294 East Bristol Rd
Burton, MI 48529
(810)591-3385 1.3 6-8 274
- Flint Genesee Stem Academy Grades: K-12 | 299 students
5240 Calkins Road
Flint, MI 48532
(810)600-6466 1.3 K-12 299
Nearby Homes for Sale
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.