Benton Elementary School
- Benton Elementary School's student population of 474 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||474 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Benton Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Polk County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Benton Chilhowee Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 350 students
215 Schoolhouse Hill Rd
Benton, TN 37307
(423)299-0086 0.1 6-8 350
- Benton Polk County High School Grades: 9-12 | 565 students
7200 Highway 411 North
Benton, TN 37307
(423)338-4514 2.3 9-12 565
- Cleveland Taylor Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 234 students
5265 Bates Pk
Cleveland, TN 37323
(423)478-8817 8.4 PK-5 234
- Charleston Charleston Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 302 students
8797 Hiwassee St
Charleston, TN 37310
(423)336-2232 9.4 PK-5 302
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.