Benton Middle School
Benton Middle School serves 1,296 students in grades 5-7.
Benton Middle School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Arkansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 66% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 51% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Arkansas state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is lower than the Arkansas state average of 39% (majority Black).
Benton Middle School's student population of 1,296 students has grown by 64% over five school years.
The teacher population of 71 teachers has grown by 57% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Benton Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 998 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Benton Middle School is 0.36, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.58. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (AR)
Overall Testing Rank
#214 out of 998 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, AR Dept. of Education
Review Benton Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
40% of Teachers Call in Sick in Wisconsin
What happens when nearly half of a state's teachers call in "sick" for school? Learn about the turmoil between legislators and the teachers union in Wisconsin and how the rallies, protests, and fighting will set precedence for other budget-strapped states.
10 Best SAT Prep Methods
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Common Mental Health Problems in School Children and How to Address Them
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.