Bourne Middle School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 460 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 11:1
- Minority Enrollment: 14%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MA
- Math Proficiency: 25% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 32% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
25% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% MA state average), while 32% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MA state average).
How many students attend Bourne Middle School?
460 students attend Bourne Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
86% of Bourne Middle School students are White, 5% of students are Hispanic, 4% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are American Indian, 2% of students are Black, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Bourne Middle School?
Bourne Middle School has a student ration of 11:1, which is lower than the Massachusetts state average of 12:1.
What grades does Bourne Middle School offer ?
Bourne Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Bourne Middle School part of?
Bourne Middle School is part of Bourne School District.
Review Bourne Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities