Brentwood Science Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Brentwood Science Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Brentwood Science Elementary School's student population of 897 students has declined by 22% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school / Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||897 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Brentwood Science Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has decreased from 27:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Brentwood Science Elementary School is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Monica Franklin Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 831 students
2400 Montana Ave.
Santa Monica, CA 90403
(310)828-2814 0.9 K-5 831
- Los Angeles University Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1671 students
11800 Texas Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310)914-3500 0.9 9-12 1671
- Los Angeles Paul Revere Charter Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 2093 students
1450 Allenford Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(310)917-4800 1.2 6-8 2093
- Santa Monica Mckinley Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 512 students
2401 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310)828-5011 1.3 K-5 512
Nearby Homes for Sale
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.