Brooke Charter School East Boston
Brooke Charter School East Boston places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Brooke Charter School East Boston's student population of 500 students has grown by 73% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 60% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||500 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Brooke Charter School East Boston is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,671 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Brooke Charter East Boston (district) School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mattapan Kipp Academy Boston Charter School Grades: K-8 | 428 students
50 Poydras Street
Mattapan, MA 02126
(617)652-7461 0.0 K-8 428
- Dorchester Community Academy Of Science And Health Grades: 9-12 | 414 students
11 Charles Street
Dorchester, MA 02122
(617)635-8950 0.5 9-12 414
- Hyde Park Boston Preparatory Charter Public School Grades: 6-12 | 415 students
1286 Hyde Park Avenue
Hyde Park, MA 02136
(617)333-6688 0.6 6-12 415
- Hyde Park Boston Renaissance Charter Public School Grades: PK-6 | 950 students
1415 Hyde Park Ave
Hyde Park, MA 02136
(617)357-0900 0.8 PK-6 950
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.