Bunker Hill High School
Bunker Hill High School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Bunker Hill High School's student population of 955 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||955 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bunker Hill High School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#1846 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Catawba County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Claremont Oxford Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 592 students
5915 Oxford School Road
Claremont, NC 28610
(828)459-7220 2.4 PK-6 592
- Claremont Claremont Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 417 students
3384 E Main Street
Claremont, NC 28610
(828)459-7921 3.0 PK-6 417
- Statesville Sharon Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 259 students
880 Sharon Sch Rd
Statesville, NC 28677
(704)872-3401 3.4 PK-5 259
- Catawba Catawba Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 436 students
5415 Hudson Chapel Road
Catawba, NC 28609
(828)241-3131 4.4 PK-6 436
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.