Fullerton Joint Union High School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 8 public schools in Fullerton Joint Union High School District, serving 13,882 students.
- Public schools in Fullerton Joint Union High School District have an average math proficiency score of 42% (versus the California public school average of 38%), and reading proficiency score of 62% (versus the 50% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 30% of public schools in California.
- Minority enrollment is 84% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the California public school average of 77% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 27:1 is more than the California public school average of 23:1.
|School District Name||Fullerton Joint Union High School District|
|School District Website||http://www.fjuhsd.k12.ca.us|
|School District Phone Number||(714) 870-2800|
|School District Grades Offered||09 - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|# of Schools||8 Schools||10,322 Schools|
|# of Students||13,882 Students||6,196,093 Students|
|# of Teachers||506 Teachers||264,750 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||23:1|
- Fullerton Joint Union High School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,013 school districts in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 93% has increased from 92% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||28 Students||32,941 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3,111 Students||719,599 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||7,788 Students||3,366,608 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||279 Students||337,796 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,269 Students||1,437,339 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||52 Students||28,785 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||355 Students||273,002 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||530,276|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||455,064|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||454,352|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||446,005|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||465,237|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||470,637|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||484,739|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||474,585|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||472,087|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||3,394||493,582|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||3,358||481,886|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||3,391||473,644|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||3,610||485,844|
|# of Ungraded Students:||129||8,155|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,405 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,657. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,695 is less than the state average of $10,724. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$152 MM||$18 MM|
|Spending||$156 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,405||$10,657|
|Spending / Student||$10,695||$10,724|
Fullerton Joint Union High School District Public Schools (2020-21)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Buena Park High School 8833 Acad Dr.
Buena Park, CA 90621
Grades: 9-12 | 1,983 student
- Fullerton Union High School 201 E. Chapman Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92832
Grades: 9-12 | 2,024 students
- La Habra High School 801 W. Highlander Ave.
La Habra, CA 90631
Grades: 9-12 | 2,194 students
- La Sierra High (alternative) 951 N. State College Blvd.
Fullerton, CA 92831
Grades: 9-12 | 431 students
- La Vista High (Continuation School) 909 N. State College Blvd.
Fullerton, CA 92831
Grades: 9-12 | 369 students
- Sunny Hills High School 1801 Warburton Way
Fullerton, CA 92833
Grades: 9-12 | 2,244 students
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.