Cato-meridian Elementary School
- Cato-meridian Elementary School's student population of 401 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||401 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cato-meridian Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2237 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cato-meridian Central School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cato Cato-meridian Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 294 students
2851 State Rt 370
Cato, NY 13033
(315)626-3317 0.0 9-12 294
- Jordan Jordan-elbridge Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 385 students
9 N Chappell St
Jordan, NY 13080
(315)689-8520 8.5 5-8 385
- Weedsport Weedsport Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 403 students
8954 Jackson St
Weedsport, NY 13166
(315)834-6685 8.5 K-6 403
- Weedsport Weedsport Junior-senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 399 students
2821 E Brutus St
Weedsport, NY 13166
(315)834-6652 8.8 7-12 399
Increasing birth rates among immigrant families from Asia and Central and South America, combined with lower birth rates among white families, means that for the first time in history, public school students in the United States are majority-minority. This shift in demographics poses difficulties for schools as they work to accommodate children of varying language abilities and socio-economic backgrounds.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.