Cedarcrest-southmoor Elementary School
- Cedarcrest-southmoor Elementary School's student population of 596 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has grown by 29% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||596 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cedarcrest-southmoor Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,278 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#518 out of 1278 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||East Baton Rouge Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge Greater Grace Charter Academy Inc. Grades: K-8 | 81 students
21490 B Highway 40
Baton Rouge, LA 70821
(225)267-7318 1.1 K-8 81
- Baton Rouge Broadmoor Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 415 students
1225 Sharp Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70815
(225)272-0540 1.3 6-8 415
- Baton Rouge Broadmoor Senior High School Grades: 8-12 | 1135 students
10100 Goodwood Blvd.
Baton Rouge, LA 70815
(225)926-1420 1.4 8-12 1135
- Baton Rouge Tara High School Grades: 8-12 | 1138 students
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225)927-6100 1.4 8-12 1138
Nearby Homes for Sale
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.