Tara High School
Tara High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Tara High School's student population of 1,138 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 99 teachers has grown by 45% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||1,138 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||99 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tara High School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1156 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||East Baton Rouge Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge Lasalle Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 512 students
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225)927-6130 0.9 PK-5 512
- Baton Rouge University View Academy Inc. (frm La Connections) Grades: K-12 | 2275 students
4664 Jamestown Ave Suite 100
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225)372-8387 0.9 K-12 2275
- Baton Rouge Broadmoor Senior High School Grades: 8-12 | 1135 students
10100 Goodwood Blvd.
Baton Rouge, LA 70815
(225)926-1420 1.0 8-12 1135
- Baton Rouge Broadmoor Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 415 students
1225 Sharp Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70815
(225)272-0540 1.4 6-8 415
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.