Central High School
- Central High School's student population of 738 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 49 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||738 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Central High School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank||#406 out of 573 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||McMinn County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Englewood Englewood Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 601 students
108 College St
Englewood, TN 37329
(423)887-5260 3.3 PK-8 601
- Etowah Etowah Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 394 students
858 Eighth St
Etowah, TN 37331
(423)263-5483 4.0 PK-8 394
- Etowah Mountain View Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 655 students
145 Co Road 627
Etowah, TN 37331
(423)263-2498 4.2 PK-8 655
- Athens City Park Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 362 students
203 Keith La
Athens, TN 37303
(423)745-3862 6.8 PK-2 362
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.