Ceres Elementary School
- Ceres Elementary School's student population of 138 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ceres Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mercer County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Princeton Sam Perdue Juvenile Center Grades: 6-12 | 13 students
843 Shelter Road
Princeton, WV 24740
(304)425-4689 2.6 6-12 13
- Princeton Mercer County Technical Education Center Grades: PK-12
1397 Stafford Drive
Princeton, WV 24740
(304)425-9551 4.1 PK-12 n/a
- Princeton Princeton Primary School Grades: K-2 | 565 students
180 Tiger Drive
Princeton, WV 24739
(304)487-3904 4.1 K-2 565
- Rock Montcalm Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 316 students
838 Rock Road
Rock, WV 24747
(304)589-7095 4.2 PK-6 316
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.