Glenwood School (k-8)
- Glenwood School (k-8)'s student population of 674 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||674 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Glenwood School (k-8) is ranked within the top 50% of all 644 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||#218 out of 644 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mercer County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bluefield Ceres Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 143 students
3716 Maple Acres Road
Bluefield, WV 24701
(304) 325-6786 1.1 K-5 143
- Princeton Sam Perdue Juvenile Center Grades: 6-12
843 Shelter Road
Princeton, WV 24740
(304) 425-4689 1.6 6-12 n/a
- Princeton Princeton Primary School Grades: K-2 | 512 students
180 Tiger Drive
Princeton, WV 24739
(304) 487-3904 3.0 K-2 512
- Princeton Mercer County Technical Education Center Grades: 9-12
1397 Stafford Drive
Princeton, WV 24740
(304) 425-9551 3.1 9-12 n/a
Most piece of Removed school ever. Their bathrooms are rotting. Teachers bully students. Every student gets bullied. The principal and dean of students is the most rotted mother Removed in the world. THE BUILDING IS FALLING APART. The lunches are Removed. Yet they say that students exceed in their school when they don't.
- Posted by Parent - joe mama
This school does allow bulling, ask a child who is being bullied over and over. All they do is talk to them, if they even do that much.
- Posted by Parent - jbrew
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.