Cherry Tree Elementary School
Top Placements (Indiana)
Cherry Tree Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Cherry Tree Elementary School's student population of 726 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||726 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cherry Tree Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1767 schools in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Cherry Tree Elementary School is Carmel Clay s School District, which is ranked within the top 1% of all 357 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Carmel Clay s School District's student population of 15,954 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,087 is higher than the state average of $12,561. The district revenue/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,149 is less than the state average of $10,672. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Carmel Clay s School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||15,954||1,398|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$206 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$160 MM||$15 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,087||$12,561|
|District Spending / Student||$10,149||$10,672|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carmel Prairie Trace Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 652 students
14200 N River Rd
Carmel, IN 46033
(317)571-7925 1.3 K-5 652
- Noblesville Noble Crossing Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 700 students
5670 Noble Crossing Pky
Noblesville, IN 46062
(317)773-2850 1.4 PK-5 700
- Carmel Clay Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1306 students
5150 E 126th St
Carmel, IN 46033
(317)844-7251 1.6 6-8 1306
- Carmel Mohawk Trails Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 542 students
4242 E 126th St
Carmel, IN 46033
(317)844-1158 2.0 K-5 542
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.