Choudrant Elementary School
- Choudrant Elementary School's student population of 486 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||486 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Choudrant Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#330 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lincoln Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Choudrant Choudrant High School Grades: 7-12 | 323 students
2555 Hwy. 80
Choudrant, LA 71227
(318) 768-2541 0.8 7-12 323
- Ruston Ruston Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 311 students
200 N. Bernard Street
Ruston, LA 71270
(318) 255-4714 7.3 3-5 311
- Ruston Lincoln Parish Early Childhood Center Grades: PK | 212 students
801 East Mississippi Avenue
Ruston, LA 70270
(318) 513-1470 7.5 PK 212
- Calhoun Calhoun Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 459 students
237 Calhoun Road
Calhoun, LA 71225
(318) 644-1114 8.1 PK-2 459
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.