Clarence R Edwards Middle School
- Clarence R Edwards Middle School's student population of 306 students has declined by 26% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||306 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Clarence R Edwards Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,666 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1638 out of 1666 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Boston School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlestown Warren-prescott Grades: PK-8 | 602 students
50 School Street
Charlestown, MA 02129
(617) 635-8346 0.2 PK-8 602
- Gardner Gardner Academy For Learning And Technology Grades: 9-12 | 73 students
75 E Broadway Street
Gardner, MA 01440
(978) 632-1606 0.6 9-12 73
- Charlestown Harvard-kent Grades: PK-5 | 473 students
50 Bunker Hill Street
Charlestown, MA 02129
(617) 635-8358 0.6 PK-5 473
- Somerville Capuano Early Childhood Center Grades: PK-K | 314 students
150 Glen Street
Somerville, MA 02145
(617) 629-5480 1.0 PK-K 314
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.