Weld County No. Re-5J School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Weld County No. Re-5J School District serving 3,830 students in Milliken, Colorado.
- Minority enrollment is 33% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Colorado state average of 47%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is more than the state average of 17:1.
Weld County No. Re-5J School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Johnstown Letford Elementary School2 North Jay Avenue
Johnstown, CO 80534
Grades: PK-5 | 546 students
- Milliken Milliken Elementary School100 Broad Street
Milliken, CO 80543
Grades: PK-5 | 568 students
- Johnstown Pioneer Ridge Elementary School2300 Cinnamon Teal
Johnstown, CO 80534
Grades: K-5 | 615 students
- Johnstown Roosevelt High School616 North 2nd Street
Johnstown, CO 80534
Grades: 9-12 | 979 students
|School District Name||Weld County No. Re-5J School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,830 students|
|# of Teachers||190 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
|# of Male Students||1,918 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,912 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||7 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||32 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,123 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||23 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,576 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||66 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||133|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||323|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||274|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||316|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||358|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||290|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||314|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||299|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||282|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||262|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||277|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||263|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||214|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||225|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Weld County No. Re-5J School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 178 school districts in Colorado (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 88% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CO)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,567 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,657. The school district revenue/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $6,926 is less than the state average of $12,191. The school district spending/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CO)|
|Total Revenue||$25 MM||$7 MM|
|Spending||$23 MM||$7 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,567||$12,657|
|Spending / Student||$6,926||$12,191|
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.