Learn School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Learn School District serving 384 students in Salem, Connecticut.
- Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is less than the Connecticut state average of 44%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Learn School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||384|
|# of Teachers||36|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11|
|# of Male Students||198|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||186|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||11|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||22|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||11|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||325|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||9|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||14|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||38|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Learn School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 195 school districts in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $26,521 is higher than the state average of $20,313. The school district revenue/student has declined by 13% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $26,564 is higher than the state average of $19,375. The school district spending/student has declined by 28% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CT)|
|Total Revenue||$11 MM||$31 MM|
|Spending||$11 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$26,521||$20,313|
|Spending / Student||$26,564||$19,375|
We report on Hawaii’s stellar progress in its Race to the Top efforts and how the support of one philanthropic organization on the Islands is contributing to that success.
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
We offer tips to help parents find the best fit in public education for their children, as well as how to know which public school their children should attend based on location.