West Haven School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public middle schools in West Haven School District, serving 2,372 students.
- Public middle school in West Haven School District have an average math proficiency score of 34% (versus the Connecticut public middle school average of 41%), and reading proficiency score of 48% (versus the 52% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in Connecticut.
- Minority enrollment is 68% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Connecticut public middle school average of 54% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is more than the Connecticut public middle school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||West Haven School District|
|School District Website||http://www.whschools.org|
|School District Phone Number||(203)937-4300|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CT)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||300 Schools|
|# of Students||2,372 Students||162,375 Students|
|# of Teachers||186 Teachers||13,530 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||12:1|
- West Haven School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 167 school districts in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 75% has increased from 72% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 Students||492 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||92 Students||7,060 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||863 Students||46,602 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||562 Students||28,538 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||769 Students||75,051 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||216 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||82 Students||4,416 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||3,258|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||5,608|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||5,859|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||5,736|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||5,957|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||6,079|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||9,840|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||31,343|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||494||39,751|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||426||39,847|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||385||2,491|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||366||2,340|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||358||2,193|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||343||2,073|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $18,244 in this school district is less than the state average of $21,667. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,577 is less than the state average of $18,999. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CT)|
|Total Revenue||$110 MM||$31 MM|
|Spending||$106 MM||$27 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$18,244||$21,667|
|Spending / Student||$17,577||$18,999|
West Haven School District Public Middle Schools (2020)
Although Chicago public schools opened for the start of the 2012 - 2013 school year, a possible teacher's strike may grind the entire district to a halt just a week later. Stay abreast of the negotiations and the backup plans the district has made to keep schools open, even without teachers on campus.
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Learn about the recent vote by the Indiana School Board to allow a state takeover of four Indiana schools beginning next school year.