Conway Grammar places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
Conway Grammar's student population of 138 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
The teacher population of 13 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
Conway Grammar is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,666 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of Conway Grammar is 0.12, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#306 out of 1666 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Conway School District|
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school and middle school to Conway Grammar is Frontier Regional (3.9 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Deerfield Elementary School (3.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Deerfield Deerfield Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 401 students
21 Pleasant Street
South Deerfield, MA 01373
(413) 665-1131 3.8 PK-6 401
- South Deerfield Frontier Regional Grades: 7-12 | 623 students
113 North Main Street
South Deerfield, MA 01373
(413) 665-2118 3.9 7-12 623
- Whately Whately Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 140 students
273 Long Plain Rd.
Whately, MA 01093
(413) 665-7826 5.2 PK-6 140
- Sunderland Sunderland Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 238 students
1 Swampfield Drive
Sunderland, MA 01375
(413) 665-1151 6.0 PK-6 238
- Greenfield Newton School Grades: K-4 | 242 students
70 Shelburne Rd
Greenfield, MA 01301
(413) 772-1370 6.1 K-4 242
Jay McDowell, a public school teacher in Howell, evicted a student for making anti-homosexual comments, but now the instructor faces suspension. Learn about the national controversy that involves this local Michigan teacher.
A six-year old in Aurora, Colorado, was suspended after singing an LMFAO song to a little girl in his class and reportedly “shaking his booty.” We look at the case and the sexual harassment problem in public schools today.
After playing rapper Macklemore's "Same Love" pro-gay rights rap song in class, a Michigan teacher was suspended with no pay. We explore the controversy.