Corinna Elementary School
- Corinna Elementary School's student population of 157 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Corinna Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 523 schools in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#467 out of 523 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||RSU 19 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newport Sebasticook Valley Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 314 students
337 Williams Road
Newport, ME 04953
(207) 368-4592 3.1 5-8 314
- Dexter Ridge View Community School Grades: PK-8 | 616 students
175 Fern Road, Suite 1
Dexter, ME 04930
(207) 924-6000 6.5 PK-8 616
- Dexter Dexter Regional High School Grades: 9-12 | 302 students
12 Abbott Hill Rd
Dexter, ME 04930
(207) 924-5536 7.6 9-12 302
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.