Ridge View Community School
Ridge View Community School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Ridge View Community School's student population of 616 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||616 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ridge View Community School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 523 schools in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#471 out of 523 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||MSAD 46 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dexter Dexter Regional High School Grades: 9-12 | 302 students
12 Abbott Hill Rd
Dexter, ME 04930
(207) 924-5536 1.5 9-12 302
- Dexter Tri-county Technical Center
14 Abbott Hill Road
Dexter, ME 04930
(207) 924-7670 1.5 n/a n/a
- Corinna Corinna Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 157 students
42 Stetson Rd
Corinna, ME 04928
(207) 278-4263 6.5 PK-4 157
- Newport Sebasticook Valley Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 314 students
337 Williams Road
Newport, ME 04953
(207) 368-4592 9.1 5-8 314
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.