Davis Creek Elementary School
Davis Creek Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Davis Creek Elementary School's student population of 277 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2006)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||277 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Davis Creek Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 644 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#91 out of 644 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cabell County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntington Spring Valley High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,012 student
#1 Timberwolf Drive
Huntington, WV 25704
(304) 429-1699 2.0 9-12 1,012
- Huntington Hite Saunders Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 251 students
3708 Green Valley Road
Huntington, WV 25701
(304) 528-5132 2.3 PK-5 251
- Barboursville Barboursville School Grades: 7-12
1535 Martha Road
Barboursville, WV 25504
(304) 736-0915 2.5 7-12 n/a
- Huntington Altizer Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 277 students
250 Third Street Altizer
Huntington, WV 25705
(304) 528-5100 2.7 PK-5 277
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.