Durham Community School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 431 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 11:1
- Minority Enrollment: 3%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in ME
- Math Proficiency: 60% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 73% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), ME Dept. of Education
Durham Community School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Durham Community School's ranking?
Durham Community School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for: Highest overall rank (Top 10%), Highest math proficiency (Top 10%) and Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
60% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% ME state average), while 73% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 56% ME state average).
How many students attend Durham Community School?
431 students attend Durham Community School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
97% of Durham Community School students are White, 1% of students are American Indian, 1% of students are Hispanic, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Durham Community School?
Durham Community School has a student ration of 11:1, which is equal to the Maine state average of 11:1.
What grades does Durham Community School offer ?
Durham Community School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-8
Review Durham Community School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities