Edison Elementary School
Edison Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Edison Elementary School's student population of 495 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2007)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||495 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Edison Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,820 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank||#2648 out of 2820 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Erie City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Edison Elementary School is Robert Benjamin Wiley Community Charter School (0.7 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Erie Robert Benjamin Wiley Community Charter School Grades: PK-12 | 421 students
1446 East Lake Rd
Erie, PA 16507
(814)461-9600 0.7 PK-12 421
- Erie Diehl School Grades: K-5 | 492 students
2327 Fairmont Pkwy
Erie, PA 16510
(814)874-6585 1.2 K-5 492
- Erie East Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 706 students
1001 Atkins St
Erie, PA 16503
(814)874-6400 1.2 6-8 706
- Erie Iroquois Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 638 students
4231 Morse St
Erie, PA 16511
(814)899-7643 1.6 K-6 638
- Erie Iroquois Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 596 students
4301 Main Street
Erie, PA 16511
(814)899-7643 1.6 7-12 596
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.