Eugene A. Tighe Middle School
Eugene A. Tighe Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Eugene A. Tighe Middle School's student population of 186 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2017)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Eugene A. Tighe Middle School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2,236 schools in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NJ)|
|Overall School Rank||#73 out of 2,236 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Margate City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Margate City William H. Ross Iii School Grades: PK-4 | 213 students
101 N Haverford Avenue
Margate City, NJ 08402
(609)822-2080 0.2 PK-4 213
- Ventnor City Ventnor Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 315 students
Ventnor Educational Community,
Ventnor City, NJ 08406
(609)487-7900 0.5 5-8 315
- Atlantic City Chelsea Heights School Grades: PK-8 | 353 students
4101 Filbert Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
(609)343-7272 2.5 PK-8 353
- Atlantic City Richmond Avenue School Grades: PK-8 | 641 students
4115 Ventnor Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
(609)343-7250 2.5 PK-8 641
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.