Fairview Elementary School
Fairview Elementary School serves 408 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Fairview Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Nebraska for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 67% (which is higher than the Nebraska state average of 52%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60% (which is higher than the Nebraska state average of 52%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the Nebraska state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 26% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is lower than the Nebraska state average of 35% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Students: 408 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 26%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in NE
- Math Proficiency: 67% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NE Dept. of Education
Fairview Elementary School's student population of 408 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Fairview Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 904 schools in Nebraska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Fairview Elementary School is 0.44, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (NE)
Overall Testing Rank
#220 out of 904 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NE Dept. of Education
Review Fairview Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.