Farmington High School
Farmington High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Farmington High School's student population of 1,196 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 110 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,196 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||110 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Farmington High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 951 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#91 out of 951 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Farmington School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Unionville West District School Grades: K-6 | 292 students
114 West District Road
Unionville, CT 06085
(860)673-2579 1.0 K-6 292
- Unionville Union School Grades: K-4 | 329 students
173 School St.
Unionville, CT 06085
(860)673-2575 1.3 K-4 329
- Avon Thompson Brook School Grades: 5-6 | 487 students
150 Thompson Rd.
Avon, CT 06001
(860)404-4870 1.7 5-6 487
- Avon Pine Grove School Grades: K-4 | 616 students
151 Scoville Rd.
Avon, CT 06001
(860)404-4790 2.0 K-4 616
- Burlington Lake Garda Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 445 students
61 Monce Rd.
Burlington, CT 06013
(860)673-2511 2.1 PK-4 445
This school is amazing. The kids are great and the teachers are great too. Although they do have a very high academic standard. This school is amazing
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kenna
The quality of the academics at FHS is fantastic. The The sports? Fabulous. Music Program? Very good. Extra curricular activities? by the bucketload. The Campus? supreme. Students are seemingly given the power to decide what they want to do with ther life (as long as the faculty agrees), and are encouraged to voice their opinions on world views, politics, and the way the school is run(unless it varies from the Teacher's opinion, in which they will strive their hardest to lure students to agree). Here at FHS, we believe "children are the future.... unless we can stop them now.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - dontq
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.