West District School
- West District School's student population of 309 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||309 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West District School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#42 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Farmington School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burlington Lake Garda Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 443 students
61 Monce Rd.
Burlington, CT 06013
(860)673-2511 1.5 PK-4 443
- Unionville Union School Grades: K-4 | 310 students
173 School St.
Unionville, CT 06085
(860)673-2575 1.6 K-4 310
- Farmington West Woods Upper Elementary School Grades: 5-6 | 651 students
50 Judson Ln.
Farmington, CT 06032
(860)284-1230 1.7 5-6 651
- Bristol Northeast Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 450 students
530 Stevens St.
Bristol, CT 06010
(860)584-7839 2.2 6-8 450
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.