Federal Furnace School
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 350 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 10:1
- Minority Enrollment: 19%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MA
- Math Proficiency: 40-44% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 40-44% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Federal Furnace School often compared to?
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
40-44% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 51% MA state average), while 40-44% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 54% MA state average).
How many students attend Federal Furnace School?
350 students attend Federal Furnace School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
81% of Federal Furnace School students are White, 7% of students are Black, 6% of students are Two or more races, 5% of students are Hispanic, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Federal Furnace School?
Federal Furnace School has a student ration of 10:1, which is lower than the Massachusetts state average of 12:1.
What grades does Federal Furnace School offer ?
Federal Furnace School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Federal Furnace School part of?
Federal Furnace School is part of Plymouth School District.
Review Federal Furnace School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities