Franklin Elementary School
Top Placements (New Jersey)
Franklin Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Franklin Elementary School's student population of 345 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-5|
|Total Students||345 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Franklin Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2236 schools in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NJ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Franklin Elementary School is Summit Public School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 656 school districts in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Summit Public School District's student population of 4,099 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $18,313 in this district is less than the state average of $20,569. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $18,023 is less than the state average of $20,942. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Summit Public School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||4,099||921|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$76 MM||$19 MM|
|District Spending||$74 MM||$19 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$18,313||$20,569|
|District Spending / Student||$18,023||$20,942|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westfield Primary Center At Wilson Grades: PK-K | 159 students
14 Beekman Terrace
Westfield, NJ 07091
(908)918-2134 0.3 PK-K 159
- Summit Brayton Elementary School Grades: 1-5 | 365 students
89 Tulip Street
Summit, NJ 07901
(908)273-1276 0.6 1-5 365
- Summit Summit High School Grades: 9-12 | 1278 students
125 Kent Place Blvd
Summit, NJ 07901
(908)273-1494 0.7 9-12 1278
- Passaic Passaic Arts And Science Charter School Grades: K-9 | 730 students
7 St. Francis Way
Passaic, NJ 07055
(201)773-9140 0.8 K-9 730
- New Providence Salt Brook School Grades: K-6 | 657 students
40 Maple St
New Providence, NJ 07974
(908)464-7100 0.8 K-6 657
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.