Summit High School serves 1,152 students in grades 9-12.
Summit High School placed in the top 5% of all schools in New Jersey for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 67% (which is higher than the New Jersey state average of 26%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 68% (which is higher than the New Jersey state average of 47%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is equal to the New Jersey state level of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 38% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the New Jersey state average of 59% (majority Hispanic).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,152 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 11:1
- Minority Enrollment: 38%
- Graduation Rate: 97% (Top 10% in NJ)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5%
- Math Proficiency: 67% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 68% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NJ Dept. of Education
Summit High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Summit High School's student population of 1,152 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
The teacher population of 109 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Summit High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2,183 schools in New Jersey (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Summit High School is 0.57, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.71. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (NJ)
Overall Testing Rank
#99 out of 2183 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NJ Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Summit High School's ranking?
Summit High School is ranked #99 out of 2,183 schools, which ranks it among the top 5% of public schools in New Jersey.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
67% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 26% NJ state average), while 68% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 47% NJ state average).
What is the graduation rate of Summit High School?
The graduation rate of Summit High School is 97%, which is higher than the New Jersey state average of 90%.
How many students attend Summit High School?
1,152 students attend Summit High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
62% of Summit High School students are White, 20% of students are Hispanic, 8% of students are Asian, 6% of students are Two or more races, and 4% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Summit High School?
Summit High School has a student ration of 11:1, which is equal to the New Jersey state average of 11:1.
What grades does Summit High School offer ?
Summit High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Summit High School part of?
Summit High School is part of Summit Public School District.
Review Summit High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.