Freire Charter School
- Freire Charter School's student population of 322 students has grown by 37% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has grown by 23% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-10|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Freire Charter School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DE)|
|Overall School Rank||#138 out of 200 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Freire Charter School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilmington First State School Grades: K-12 | 24 students
501 West 14th Street
Wilmington, DE 19899
(302)428-5845 0.2 K-12 24
- Wilmington Shortlidge (evan G.) Academy Grades: K-5 | 390 students
100 West 18th Street
Wilmington, DE 19802
(302)651-2710 0.2 K-5 390
- New Castle Delaware Academy Of Public Safety And Security Grades: 9-12 | 270 students
801 North Dupont Highway
New Castle, DE 19720
(302)322-6050 0.3 9-12 270
- Wilmington Great Oaks Charter School Grades: 6-10 | 343 students
1200 North French St
Wilmington, DE 19801
(302)660-4790 0.3 6-10 343
- Newark Las Americas Aspira Academy Grades: K-7 | 653 students
326 Ruthar Drive
Newark, DE 19711
(302)292-1463 0.3 K-7 653
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.