- Grades: 2-4
- Enrollment: 292 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 31%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in CT
- Math Proficiency: 55-59% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
55-59% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 48% CT state average), while 60-64% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 58% CT state average).
How many students attend Gildersleeve School?
292 students attend Gildersleeve School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
69% of Gildersleeve School students are White, 21% of students are Hispanic, 5% of students are Two or more races, 3% of students are Asian, and 2% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Gildersleeve School?
Gildersleeve School has a student ration of 13:1, which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does Gildersleeve School offer ?
Gildersleeve School offers enrollment in grades 2-4 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Gildersleeve School part of?
Gildersleeve School is part of Portland School District.
Review Gildersleeve School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities