Grand Prairie Elementary School
- Grand Prairie Elementary School's student population of 360 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||360 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Grand Prairie Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Landry Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Opelousas Plaisance Elementary School Grades: 5-8 | 245 students
3264 Hwy. 167
Opelousas, LA 70570
(337)826-3335 4.8 5-8 245
- Washington Washington Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 151 students
1530 Hwy. 10
Washington, LA 70589
(318)826-3393 7.2 PK-8 151
- Washington Washington Career & Technical Education Center Grades: 9-12
605 Buhot Street
Washington, LA 70589
(337)826-7360 7.5 9-12 n/a
- Ville Platte Ville Platte Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 494 students
708 High School Drive
Ville Platte, LA 70586
(337)363-3068 7.8 PK-4 494
Gifted students often fail to thrive in traditional academic environments because they are not being challenged. In this article you will learn how to make sure your gifted student gets the quality education he or she deserves.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.