Grand Prairie Elementary School
- Grand Prairie Elementary School's student population of 360 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||360 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Grand Prairie Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#512 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Landry Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Opelousas Plaisance Elementary School Grades: 5-8 | 245 students
3264 Hwy. 167
Opelousas, LA 70570
(337)826-3335 4.8 5-8 245
- Washington Washington Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 151 students
1530 Hwy. 10
Washington, LA 70589
(318)826-3393 7.2 PK-8 151
- Washington Washington Career & Technical Education Center Grades: 9-12
605 Buhot Street
Washington, LA 70589
(337)826-7360 7.5 9-12 n/a
- Ville Platte Ville Platte Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 494 students
708 High School Drive
Ville Platte, LA 70586
(337)363-3068 7.8 PK-4 494
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.