Greenwood Elementary School
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 212 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 11:1
- Minority Enrollment: 42%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in IA
- Math Proficiency: 65-69% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60-64% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
65-69% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 69% IA state average), while 60-64% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 68% IA state average).
How many students attend Greenwood Elementary School?
212 students attend Greenwood Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
58% of Greenwood Elementary School students are White, 15% of students are Hispanic, 14% of students are Black, 10% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Greenwood Elementary School?
Greenwood Elementary School has a student ration of 11:1, which is lower than the Iowa state average of 14:1.
What grades does Greenwood Elementary School offer ?
Greenwood Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
Review Greenwood Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities