H. S. Chase School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 656 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 87%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CT
- Math Proficiency: 15% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 21% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
15% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 39% CT state average), while 21% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CT state average).
How many students attend H. S. Chase School?
656 students attend H. S. Chase School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
52% of H. S. Chase School students are Hispanic, 25% of students are Black, 13% of students are White, 5% of students are Two or more races, 4% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of H. S. Chase School?
H. S. Chase School has a student ration of 12:1, which is equal to the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does H. S. Chase School offer ?
H. S. Chase School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is H. S. Chase School part of?
H. S. Chase School is part of Waterbury School District.
View the H. S. Chase School yearly calendar below.
Review H. S. Chase School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities