Healy Elementary School
Healy Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Healy Elementary School's student population of 1,465 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 70 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||1,465 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Healy Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,679 schools in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#269 out of 3679 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||City Of Chicago SD 299 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Sheridan Elementary Math & Science Academy Grades: K-8 | 563 students
533 W 27th St
Chicago, IL 60616
(773)534-9120 0.3 K-8 563
- Chicago Armour Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 273 students
950 W 33rd Pl
Chicago, IL 60608
(773)535-4530 0.7 PK-8 273
- Chicago Holden Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 494 students
1104 W 31st St
Chicago, IL 60608
(773)535-7200 0.7 PK-8 494
- Chicago Mcclellan Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 363 students
3527 S Wallace St
Chicago, IL 60609
(773)535-1732 0.7 PK-8 363
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.