Helen Arnold Community Learning Center
Helen Arnold Community Learning Center places among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Helen Arnold Community Learning Center's student population of 276 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||276 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Helen Arnold Community Learning Center is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,224 schools in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank||#2764 out of 3,224 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Akron City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Helen Arnold Community Learning Center is Akron Digital Academy (0.9 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Miller-south Visual Performing Arts Middle School (0.6 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Miller-south Visual Performing Arts Middle School (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Akron Miller-south Visual Performing Arts Middle School Grades: 4-8 | 501 students
1055 East Ave
Akron, OH 44307
(330)761-1765 0.6 4-8 501
- Akron Crouse Community Learning Center Grades: K-6 | 383 students
1000 Diagonal Rd
Akron, OH 44320
(330)761-1625 0.7 K-6 383
- Akron Main Street Preparatory Academy Grades: K-5 | 182 students
388 S Main St
Akron, OH 44311
(234)738-1925 0.7 K-5 182
- Akron Imagine Akron Academy Grades: K | 67 students
1585 Frederick Blvd
Akron, OH 44320
(330)379-1034 0.8 K 67
Nearby Homes for Sale
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.