Helen Keller Middle School
Helen Keller Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Helen Keller Middle School's student population of 325 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2011)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||325 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Helen Keller Middle School is ranked within the top 10% of all 951 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#63 out of 951 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Easton School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Easton Samuel Staples Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 579 students
515 Morehouse Road
Easton, CT 06612
(203) 261-3607 0.8 PK-5 579
- Trumbull Madison Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 872 students
4630 Madison Ave.
Trumbull, CT 06611
(203) 452-4499 1.6 6-8 872
- Trumbull Jane Ryan School Grades: K-5 | 384 students
190 Park Ln.
Trumbull, CT 06611
(203) 452-4400 2.5 K-5 384
- Fairfield North Stratfield School Grades: K-5 | 380 students
190 Putting Green Rd.
Fairfield, CT 06825
(203) 255-8322 2.8 K-5 380
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.