High Meadows (Closed 2010)
High Meadows places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 1%)
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
|Definition of Terms 2009-2010 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Unified School District #2 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hamden Ridge Hill School Grades: K-6 | 319 students
120 Carew Rd.
Hamden, CT 06517
(203)407-2035 0.8 K-6 319
- North Haven Ridge Road Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 390 students
1341 Ridge Rd.
North Haven, CT 06473
(203)248-4050 0.9 PK-5 390
- Hamden Spring Glen School Grades: K-6 | 435 students
1908 Whitney Ave.
Hamden, CT 06517
(203)407-2045 1.0 K-6 435
- Hamden Hamden High School Grades: 9-12 | 1496 students
2040 Dixwell Ave.
Hamden, CT 06514
(203)407-2040 1.5 9-12 1496
- New Haven New Haven Academy Grades: 9-12 | 280 students
444 Orange Street
New Haven, CT 06511
(475)220-6600 1.7 9-12 280
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.