- Grades: Prekindergarten-2
- Enrollment: 281 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 10:1
- Minority Enrollment: 23%
- Math Proficiency: 90-94%
- Reading Proficiency: 75-79%
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
90-94% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 84% CT state average), while 75-79% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 78% CT state average).
How many students attend Highland School?
281 students attend Highland School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
77% of Highland School students are White, 13% of students are Hispanic, 5% of students are Asian, 4% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Highland School?
Highland School has a student ration of 10:1, which is lower than the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does Highland School offer ?
Highland School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-2 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Highland School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities