Hiram L Dorman
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 240 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 11:1
- Minority Enrollment: 88%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MA
- Math Proficiency: 6-9% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 25-29% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Hiram L Dorman often compared to?
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
6-9% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% MA state average), while 25-29% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MA state average).
How many students attend Hiram L Dorman?
240 students attend Hiram L Dorman.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
65% of Hiram L Dorman students are Hispanic, 17% of students are Black, 12% of students are White, 4% of students are Two or more races, and 2% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Hiram L Dorman?
Hiram L Dorman has a student ration of 11:1, which is lower than the Massachusetts state average of 12:1.
What grades does Hiram L Dorman offer ?
Hiram L Dorman offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Hiram L Dorman part of?
Hiram L Dorman is part of Springfield School District.
Review Hiram L Dorman. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities