Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 491 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 85%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MA
- Math Proficiency: 8% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 25% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
Hood ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Hood's ranking?
Hood ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for: Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%).
What schools are Hood often compared to?
Hoodis often viewed alongside schools like Aborn by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
8% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% MA state average), while 25% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MA state average).
How many students attend Hood?
491 students attend Hood.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
68% of Hood students are Hispanic, 15% of students are White, 8% of students are Asian, 7% of students are Black, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Hood?
Hood has a student ration of 14:1, which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 12:1.
What grades does Hood offer ?
Hood offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Hood part of?
Hood is part of Lynn School District.
Review Hood. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities